Areas of expertise
Lakeside Physiotherapy and Ergonomics specialises in Musculoskeletal Medicine and Health Ergonomics and is a Member of the Medico-Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MLACP). We are also registered with 'MedCo'.
Who are the MLACP and MedCo?
MLACP is the professional body that defines and promotes the highest standards of Medico-legal practice for Chartered Physiotherapists. Not only does the MLACP bring registered physiotherapists and the legal profession together, but it also works to promote the broad remit of Medico-legal work its associate members can carry out.
MedCo is a new system to facilitate the sourcing of medical reports in soft tissue injury claims brought under the MoJ’s new Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims in Road Traffic Accidents (RTAs). From June 1st 2016 only those with MedCo accreditation and registration can produce initial fixed cost medical reports in soft tissue injury claims following RTAs.
Expert witness reporting
Chartered Physiotherapists are fully qualified to produce medico-legal reports and are often in a stronger position to be expert witnesses, since they spend more time with clients during rehabilitation and quite simply are the experts in treating musculo-skeletal soft tissue injuries.
Lakeside Physiotherapy and Ergonomics is willing to provide claimant and defence instructed Medico-legal reports for specialist areas including:
- back pain
- occupational health
- whiplash injuries
Although we can tailor our reports to your specific needs all of our comprehensive reports cover:
- the degree of functional disability of a client,
- potential for improvement with appropriate rehabilitation
- present and future therapy needs
- amount and cost of on-going physiotherapy input required
- likely prognosis for injury and impact on vocational and extra-curricula activity
- cost of equipment necessary to support the presenting condition and attenuate the impact of the injury
How much does a report cost?
The costs of medico-legal reports vary depending on the complexity of the case and other factors such as the location of the client. A detailed written quotation for an assessment and full report can be provided upon submission of details for the case remit, for instance:
- the services required of the expert
- purpose of the report
- issues to be addressed
- timescale for delivery
- relevant GP and hospital records
- witness statements
- particulars of claim and defence
- schedule of loss
- party / parties responsible for the payment of fees
You can be assured that as per all our other work at Lakeside Physiotherapy and Ergonomics reports and processed and returned within the shortest possible timeframe.